Behind the scenes of an author, signing 700 books before last night’s dinner event. An efficient signature helps.
Hey Chris, do you ever sign so many books that you mess up your own signature? I mean, I know that you’re an astronaut and all, but nobody’s perfect. ;)
Dr. Krantz and Clyde mounted at the Smithsonian. Still my favourite thing ever.
Before Krantz died, he said to Smithsonian anthropologist David Hunt, “I’ve been a teacher all my life and I think I might as well be a teacher after I’m dead, so why don’t I just give you my body.” When Hunt agreed, Krantz added, “But there’s one catch: You have to keep my dogs with me.”
This is the happiest skeleton I’ve ever seen
And here’s the “before” to the Smithsonian’s “after”…
Detected primordial gravitational waves! See how looks the excitement of a big discovery in scientists, or more precisely, the emotion after experimental evidences about a theory, inflation theory, over one of the fathers of it. Assistant Professor Chao-Lin Kuo surprises Professor Andrei Linde with evidence that supports cosmic inflation theory.
- Primordial gravitational waves are gravitational waves sent out into space a trillionth of a second after the Big Bang. They could have been detected by analyzing the polarization (B-modes) of the cosmic microwave background.
- Announcement at Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics.
- BICEP and Keck Array (BICEP2 2014 Results Release)
- Sean Carroll pre-announcement and update.
- Liam McAllister (Cornell University) at The Reference Frame.
- WIRED: Cosmologists Finally Capture an Elusive Signal From the Beginning of Time.
「 Shadow of the Colossus 」
5. Avion the Delta Phoenix
The most epic boss fight in video game history.